This is about living deliberately despite my own indecisiveness.

9.27.2005

Joke's on me...


See, I thought I was going to get to play some seriously fun ultimate in Florida with some friends. I thought I was going to get to put to use the months of training, running, and speedwork I have been investing in and setting aside everything else in my life for. But, lucky me, I get to have a cast instead. Thanks broken foot. Don't adjust your monitor...it really is hot pink. I don't really have anything clever or disparaging to say about this. Ultimate frisbee has been the focus of my life for the past 6 months. I suppose regionals wasn't the main focus of that 6 months; friends in LR and being active were important too. I would say pure love of the game is part of it as well, but pure love of the game is the reason I wanted so badly to play at regionals. I won't have a chance to play that level of ultimate again for at least a year, but more likely much longer considering most of the Little Rock guys won't be in Little Rock next year. Perhaps I shouldn't be here either by then. Maybe all this sitting on my ass will help me figure out where it is I should be.

2 Comments:

Blogger mr.mhhs said...

hey, i got a cast too. cept it's on my arm. i cant type anymore, or play ultimate too good. i can't even tie my shoe, drive, put deodorant under my right armpit, wash dishes, cook, ride my bike, put my backpack on, unscrew a lid, wear long sleeved shirts, or bust a 2 handed reversal. to top it all off, there's a chance my hand will be deformed. at least i can still lift a fo'ty.

co-miserating and meaning it (you have no idea how long it took me to type this),

michael

10:13 PM

 
Blogger wekkley said...

Well, Quack, I can't exactly commiserate on the broken body issues. But you know I can always commiserate with a broken spirit. That's old news, I guess.

On the bright side, though, just think of all the fun Halloween costumes you can build around a pink cast.

I'm going to call your buddy Justin today (Wed) to see what his schedule will be this weekend. I'll let you know what we work out.

12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home