This is about living deliberately despite my own indecisiveness.

5.16.2006

Finished Product

Here are a couple of close-ups of my finished speakers, and then I'll be done with boring speaker posts. I rubbed on Tung Oil with rags after sanding them down quite a bit and removing as much glue as I could. The nice thing about an oil finish is that it is incredibly easy to apply and repair if scratched. Or in my case, since I didn't get all the glue off and you can see that, I can go back in and sand some more and not have to worry about ruining the finish. I'll just add a little more oil and it will blend right in. I chose Tung Oil over the more popular Linseed oil because it is supposed to cure faster and I'm impatient. The oil has really made the grain pop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home