This is about living deliberately despite my own indecisiveness.

2.07.2006

Yay for Reading

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed ..."

That's from a little known document called the Constitution. Perhaps you have heard of it. That foresight is amazing. I know we cultural theorists aren't really comfortable with universal truths, but this one sure seems accurate in describing our own reality.

I pulled the quote from a Kos post, but it didn't address that last line from what I read. I guess I'm just really torn up right now about the Abu Gonzalez hearing and the media that reports on politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home