This is about living deliberately despite my own indecisiveness.

4.05.2006

New Speakers

Since moving to my new house on Fairfax I have realized that my old pair of speakers were simply too large. They take up too much space in my bedroom, and they're too ugly/big to put in the living room. While I'm sure I will find a use for the drivers at some point, the boxes have to go. Which led me to a different project.

I bought some 3 inch full-range speakers that I will build small cabinets for as soon as Home Depot decides to put enough people in their lumber department so that I can get someone to actually cut down plywood enough to fit in my car within an hour of my walking through the front door. I'm sorry, but an hour is my limit to spend waiting on someone to take care of my wood, if you know what I mean. But seriously, fuck you Home Depot. I can do it...without your help.

Until I do get the lumber I need, I have rigged up the speakers in temporary housing.Homemade Speaker
They actually get quite decent bass in this set up as long as they are close to the back wall. It's not booming bass or anything, but it's musical bass that I can hear. That is, I don't have to strain to hear the individual bass notes. Got the idea from the internet and it works pretty well. The full set up right now, with some animal at the bottom.
Homemade speaker set up

1 Comments:

Blogger wekkley said...

So aside from bashing Home Depot, do those speaker casings have any dual use for monster garage purposes?

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home